The GYC Sailing program is pleased to note that the new format instituted in 2011 has been a great success for the past two years and we look forward to a fun and eventful summer in 2013.
Our program is available to both GYC’s junior club members (registering directly through the club) and for non-member kids registering through the Soundview Family YMCA, from 7 to 16 years of age. We have a wonderful team of experienced instructors ready to provide a fantastic experience on Long Island Sound.
- The Junior Sailing Program will run all summer (from July 1nd through August 22rd), morning and afternoon, four days per week from Monday to Thursday (except Thursday, July 4th), 9:00AM to 4:00PM.
- For detailed information and fees, GYC members should contact the club volunteers overseeing the program at the emails noted below.
- Non-GYC members should visit www.soundviewymca.org for further information.
- GYC owns the boats that will be used as the primary fleet, but if you would like to bring your own Optimist, Club 420, or Blue Jay that will be fine.
- There will be plenty of sailing on fair weather days, while on poor weather days alternative activities will be planned.
GYC Jr. Sailing Program Chair