The GYC Sailing Program Committee is pleased to announce the return of the Junior Sailing Program at our club for 2014. The new format in place since 2011 has been a great success, and it’s back this year with even more improvements.
Our program is available to both GYC’s junior club members and kids registering through the Soundview Family YMCA, from 7 to 16 years of age. We have experienced instructors ready provide a fantastic experience on Long Island Sound.
- The Junior Sailing Program will run all summer (from June 30th through August 21st), morning and afternoon, four days per week from Monday to Thursday, 9:00AM to 4:00PM.
- For detailed information, GYC members should contact the club volunteers overseeing the program at the emails noted below.
- Non-GYC members should visit www.soundviewymca.org for further information.
- GYC owns the boats that will be used as the primary fleet, but if you would like to bring your own Optimist, that will be fine.
- This year we’ve added two Blue Jays to our fleet of Optimists and 420s to expand the experience for our young sailors.
- There will be plenty of sailing on fair weather days, while on poor weather days alternative activities will be planned.Best regards,