The GYC Sailing Program Committee is pleased to announce the return of the Junior Sailing Program at our club for 2017. The new format in place since 2011 has been a great success, and it’s back this year with even more improvements. Since 2015 we have partnered with the Town of Guilford Parks & Recreation for an even better program.
Our program is available to both GYC’s junior club members and kids registering through the Parks & Rec, from 8 to 16 years of age. We have experienced instructors ready provide a fantastic experience on Long Island Sound.
- The Junior Sailing Program will run late June to mid August, beginner sailors ( little to no experience) in the morning 9:00AM to Noon and intermediate sailors morning and afternoon, five days per week from Monday to Friday, 9:00AM to 4:00PM.
- For detailed information, GYC members should contact the club volunteers overseeing the program at the emails noted below.
- Non-GYC members should see Guilford Parks & Recreation’s Summer Program booklet or visit www.guilfordparkrec.com for further information.
- GYC owns the boats that will be used as the primary fleet, but if you would like to bring your own Optimist, we encourage you to do so.
- We utilize Optimists and 420s in our fleet to expand the experience for our young sailors.
- There will be plenty of sailing on fair weather days, while on poor weather days alternative activities will be planned.
GYC Jr. Sailing Program Chair
GYC Fleet Captain